Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Preparing to say goodbye

If I have any readers left, almost one year after my last blog post, then the content of this link may come as a shock to some of you
But it is true, after almost 10 years making wine in Burgundy I have decided this is the time to move on to pastures new.

There are many reasons for this choice, and it has been made more difficult by the incredible support I have received from so many friends and customers, but at the end of the day I am well, excited about a new future, and will leave holding no regrets.

I am storing wine for many customers and want to assure you that little has changed, since I plan to be here in Morey-Saint-Denis until January 2014. I will be delighted to see any of you who can come collect your orders, but otherwise I will ship your wines (cost free) this autumn. If for any reason this is not convenient please let me know and we will arrange some alternative.

I want to apologize for any surprise or disappointment caused by this news, but I hope you’ve enjoyed these good times as much as I have!

(And if any of you fancy becoming vigneron in Morey-Saint-Denis do let me know!!)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Tim Carlisle said...

Hi David,
Do you have wine related plans in the future or a completely new career?

10:40 PM  
Blogger David Clark said...

Hi Tim,

I believe it is going to be a completely new career, but I’ll save that surprise for a later date!

Cheers,
David.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Gareth Griffiths said...

Hi David,

Well I guess I better bring something nice to celebrate the past and future when I pop by in August!

Good Luck with the new venture and please do let me know what the plans will be for the 2012 vintage in due course as it will be nice to buy your last offerings from I guess the new owner once a sale is concluded.

By the way have a look at http://www.wine-pages.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=037293 to see what some fellow wine lovers are saying about the news.
Cheers,
Gareth

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Gareth said...

I meant the 2013 vintage!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Dids said...

David

very sorry to hear of your decision. But wish you every success for your future plans, and hope they will bring with them a sense of fulfilment and happiness.

Best of luck


Sean Hardon

10:26 AM  
Blogger David Clark said...

Sean & Gareth

Many thanks for the kind words. I look forward to catching up with you both before the year is out!

One of the reasons I want to stay for the remainder of this year is to bottle the 2012s, so hopefully there will be chance to get some of those. Not quite sure yet what will happen with the 2013s.

Cheers,
David.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Druin said...

Very sorry to hear you're moving on to something else David, and I've enjoyed your wines very much. Best of luck with whatever comes next.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

David, I'm really sorry to hear your news. I was looking forward to years and years of buying and drinking your wines!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Sleepy Dave said...

HI David

I just got to know this address from Cruz-Lijie and when I'm google..ing your name what I got is a goodbye!

I wish you all the best for your new career and if you have any wines left that I can get a couple of bottle, let me know!

Cheers!
Dave

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home